Depending on age and stage of development, children will move to the Jelly tots around their second birthday. The Jellytots are located in St Clement’s Church Hall, just a few doors down from Oasis, and can cater for up to 16 children each day.
Children thrive on routine, so to ensure this, staff follow a Daily Planner which is on display in the room. A different theme is introduced each month, incorporating the various areas of play. The room is divided into separate areas, including, home corner, construction, table top play, outside play, sand, water and book corner, to introduce the children to a wide mix of play activities.
The Jellytots and Jellybeans both follow a monthly theme involving all 6 areas of the curriculum:
- Creative development (art/craft/music/dance).
- Language and Literacy (songs/stories/rhymes).
- Early Maths (water play/learning colours/sorting, matching).
- Personal Social and Emotional development (Home corner/circle time/stories).
- Physical development (Action rhymes/outdoor play/trips to the park/soft mats and shapes).
The World Around Us (Home corner/small world play/outside trips/stories).